Psychological News from Around the Internet
Psychlopaedia is run by the Australian Psychological Society and provides links to short, practical articles about common psychological issues.
- Why lonely people visit the doctor more often
- The downsides of a mental health diagnosis
- What is the biopsychosocial model of psychology?
- How to shop for a psychologist
- Can reality TV defeat mental health stigma?
- Is digital distraction just another modern day parenting beat-up?
- 20 myths about fetal alcohol spectrum disorder debunked
- 20 myths about fetal alcohol spectrum debunked
- Australia’s hidden epidemic of alcohol harm
- How to choose a psychologist for your child
Positive Psychology News Feed
Interesting articles about positive psychology from the Positive Psychology News and Positive Psychology Program websites.
- Nature and Purpose, Part 2
- Nature and Purpose, Part 1
- How to Improve Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace (31 Tips + Activities)
- PPN Bites: “Why should we anticipate our own happiness?” by Carin Rockind (Episode 20)
- What is Emotional Intelligence and How to Improve it? (Definition + EQ Test)
- PPN Bites: “Why should we accept acceptance?” by Carin Rockind (Episode 19)
- What is Kaplan’s Attention Restoration Theory (ART)? Benefits + Criticisms
- What is Positive and Negative Affect in Psychology? Definitions + Scale
- Life Satisfaction Theory and 4 Contributing Factors (Incl. SWLS Scale)
- What is Self-Worth and How Do We Increase it? (Incl. 4 Worksheets)