Psychological News from Around the Internet
Psychlopaedia is run by the Australian Psychological Society and provides links to short, practical articles about common psychological issues.
- Why you should spread the Santa story
- Why lonely people visit the doctor more often
- The downsides of a mental health diagnosis
- What is the biopsychosocial model of psychology?
- How to shop for a psychologist
- Can reality TV defeat mental health stigma?
- Is digital distraction just another modern day parenting beat-up?
- 20 myths about fetal alcohol spectrum disorder debunked
- 20 myths about fetal alcohol spectrum debunked
- Australia’s hidden epidemic of alcohol harm
Positive Psychology News Feed
Interesting articles about positive psychology from the Positive Psychology News and Positive Psychology Program websites.
- Paradoxical Decisions: Apply Self-Humor, Improvisation, and Affirmation
- Resilience Training: How to Master Mental Toughness and Thrive
- Ed Diener Interview: Benefits, Policies, and Interventions
- Meaning is a Bag of Stones (+13 Meditations On Meaning)
- Emotional Intelligence Skills and How to Develop Them (Incl. Soft + Social Skills)
- Ed Diener Interview
- What is Flow in Psychology? Definition and 10+ Activities to Induce Flow
- Positive Reinforcement in Psychology (Definition + 5 Examples)
- Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Effectiveness + 69 Exercises (PDF)
- What is Resilience and Why is it Important to Bounce Back? (+ Quotes)